The Gift of Time
Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer!
At Action for Family Carers we run a variety of services for Carers and their Cared–for across the whole of Essex.
To help us run these valuable services we need volunteers, with a variety of skills, time and energy.
- Telephone befrienders – We need good listeners, people who like to have a chat.
- Carer support assistants – Friendly people who can interact with and listen to Carers. Help with activities and refreshments.
- Adult respite group assistant – Can you help make the tea, run a game of bingo, play dominos or organise a word game, are you a team player? Then we need you.
- Young Carer club night assistant – Do you enjoy arts and crafts, playing sports, computer games, photography, drama? Are you a good listener, could you help a young person with homework, then why not join our Young Carer’s team.
- Counsellor – Are you a qualified Counsellor or gaining accreditation towards your BACP, then we can offer ongoing training and supervision in return for your time.
- Kitchen assistant – Helping prepare a high quality menu at a variety of locations across Essex.
- Events / Fundraising volunteers – Are you good at organising, mobilising the team or just chatting to people, then why not join our events team supporting us at various events throughout the year.
If you have a skill, hobby or new idea that could help us to support Carers and their Cared–For please contact us as we are always looking for new inspiration.
- Full induction
- Ongoing training
- Ongoing support
- Reimbursement of reasonable expenses such as travel
- Guidance and/or supervision
Many people worry they have nothing to offer but a willingness to listen to others, to share a joke, to raise a smile, or just give some time to others is hugely valued by us. Many of our Carers lead isolated and lonely lives due to their commitments to their Cared–For or by the nature of their own disabilities.
If you think you can help and would like more information please call 01621 851640 or email
(Office hours 9.00 – 4.30 Monday to Friday.)
Details of all the groups giving times, venues, dates etc. are given in other sections of the website.
We would love to hear from you. Please don’t go to the next page and forget. The gift of a little time, in a fast changing world where so many people have hardly a moment to spare, is precious to those who, due to their misfortunes, may feel that life is passing them by.
Back to top
Back to homepage